St Andrew's Secondary School > The Saints Experience > Academics > Mathematics
Our Mathematics programme enables Saints to acquire and develop essential thinking skills and concepts for continuous learning in Mathematics, as well as to apply their learning in a variety of business situations via Principle of Accounts. The school offers Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Principles of Accounts and Computer Applications to our students.
We have designed learning experiences that enable students to develop the abilities to reason logically, to communicate mathematically and to learn cooperatively and independently. Our programme also aims to provide opportunities for the students to use these skills to formulate and undertake problems with confidence, enjoyment and success.
Here are some activities students take part in:
- Lower Sec: Mathematics Preparatory Programme and Bridging Programme;
- Lower Sec Classes: Mathematics Week;
- Sec 1 to 3 (G3 and G2 classes): Maths Journal
- Sec 1 to 3: Australian Mathematics Competition
- Sec 1 to 5: All Singapore NA/ NT Mathematics Competition; Singapore Mathematics Olympiad