At St Andrew's we value the environment and do our best to go green and nurture an appreciation for our natural surroundings. Our achievements include the SEC-StarHub School Green Awards (SGA) Lotus Awards since 2013 and Yellow Flame Award 2018, 2021 and 2022.
Our School's Environmental Policy
1. Secondary 4/5 Ezi-Recycling Programme in partnership with Sembcorp
4SA's recycling efforts
Decoration of class noticeboards with bread tags
2. Secondary 1 Green Carnival
Secondary 1 students organised a Green Carnival, where they set up booths to promote recycling, reducing and reusing in fun and meaningful ways.
3. River Studies ProgrammeSecondary 1 students are taught basic water testing techniques and through the experience, discover the importance of keeping our water resources clean so that we can enjoy the diversity of ecological life in our river waters.
4. Setting up of a nursery behind the Art RoomAs part of the Community-In-Bloom Project, students helped in the setting up of the garden behind the Art Room. More lessons are now conducted at the nursery!
5. Farmathon 2022A group of Secondary 2 students from class 2 Integrity took part in the Farmathon Competition hosted by Methodist Girls' School, and won the Most Promising Award!